Advanced Driver Assist System Windshield Recalibration In Avondale, AZ
Automobiles are constantly evolving. As a result, more and more frequently advanced driver safety features are being integrated into the windshields. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems are relevant to vehicle glass repair and replacement because of the cameras and sensors that can be present on the windshield itself.
When an ADAS integrated windshield is replaced, there is a danger of misalignment due to their sensitivity. This can have a significant effect on how well the system works. The technician fitting your windshield must ensure correct calibration is carried out so that the camera has precisely the right view of the road ahead. As ADAS technology continues to improve and get more complex – it therefore becomes vital that you have a trusted expert handle any and all windshield repairs.
Why is Windshield Camera Calibration necessary?
ADAS Windshields typically function through a combination of sensors and cameras.
Vehicle manufacturers recommend that, following a Windshield replacement, the system is calibrated to ensure that all safety features are working. If your Windshield is incorrectly fitted, even by as little as a few millimetres, these technologies might be compromised! Each car is different, so manufacturers also stipulate unique calibration settings for their Driver Assistance Systems.
Calibrating your Windshield should not be limited to immediately after a complete replacement. It is recommended that you get your Driver Assistance Systems checked if:
- Your ADAS camera is disconnected.
- Your camera is partially removed or develops a fault.
- You have recently had a wheel alignment or change of suspension because this can affect your ADAS service.
Have you noticed the camera on or by your windshield? That camera is responsible for the proper operation of one or more of the ADAS features in your vehicle such as adaptive cruise control, emergency braking, pedestrian avoidance, among others. When we complete an ADAS recalibration, it is that windshield camera we are recalibrating. There are two types of ADAS recalibration, static and dynamic.
Top Rated Windshield Recalibrations In Avondale, AZ
Static recalibration consists of setting up a vehicle-specific target board a certain distance from the vehicle and finding the center of the vehicle. The camera is then recalibrated via the scan tool connected to the vehicle’s computer and the target board aligns the vehicle.
Dynamic recalibration consists of hooking up a scan tool to the vehicle and going for a road test. The road test will then align the vehicle while the scan tool recalibrates the camera.
Trained and Certified
Our recalibration techs are trained and certified on both Bosch and Opti-Aim recalibration systems, and the service is offered state-wide. Some vehicles may require both static and dynamic recalibration. If ADAS recalibration is part of your glass claim, the cost will most likely be covered.
LOCATIONS NEARBY WHERE WE OPERATE
Scottsdale Auto Glass
Mesa Auto Glass
Peoria Auto Glass
Phoenix Auto Glass
- We are very pround customer centric service has garnered us long lasting relationships and referrals from our great clients.
- Our goal to deliver the highest quality products, installation and customer service to each and every customer is the most important thing to everyone on our team.
- We’re locally owned and operated. We live in and love Arizona! Our team of technicians and windshield advisors are located in Avondale and throughout the Valley with a full-service shop in the west valley.
- We have created long-lasting strategic partnerships with the best auto glass manufacturers in the country in order to provide our customers with nothing short of highest quality windshield glass and products on the market.
- Our mobile installation team will come to you anywhere in Avondale or the major Phoenix area.
- We have great offers of Up To $300 Cash Back and same day installations when replacing your windshield through your insurance carrier.
- Auto Glass Express provides a life-time warranty for chip repairs on every windshield that we replace.
What people say about us
Whaaaaat! A shiny new windshield and cash in hand? I couldn’t believe it either. Thank you to everyone at Auto Glass Express!
Derrick was so helpful. He was very kind and did an outstanding Job! His customer service skills are fantastic! Thanks Again Derrick. I highly recommend this company!
had my windshield replaced at my home yesterday and their technician Chad was very professional and efficient. I would recommend their services to anyone needing auto glass replacement.
Get your new windshield!